For past Annual Meetings, click here
Announcement of the 30th academic research presentation meeting
The 30th Annual Meeting of the Geographic Information Systems Conference will be held on Saturday,30th and Sunday, 31st, of October 2021 at Online.
Poster Presentation Click here to upload the PDF.
~Oct 22ed(Fri) Noon
|Equipment exhibition/Industry explanation section
|Regular member/Support membership frame||4,000yen|
|Audiences(including co-authors who do not present)|
|Regular member/Support membership frame||2,000yen|
|Non-member(people over 18 and under 70 years old)||4,000yen|
|High school or younger students, people aged 70 years or older||Free
(Please be sure to show proof of age)
※ The participants who do not live in Japan, please pay on the day of the conference concidering the bank
transfer fee. The participants who live in Japan, please follow the instruction in the following page.
Registration of audiences of oral and poster sessions
Registration for Audience Members
Registration of audiences of special sessions only
1. Research Presentation
There are sessions for oral and poster presentation.
Oral presentation: Submission of the paper is necessary. Thesis is the result of the theoretical research and applied research on geographical information systems, in principle limited to those unpublished. Also, although there is no originality / completeness, announcement will not be accepted.
Poster presentations: Discussions at the research formation stage, investigation, activity reports and so on are fine. Please use here as a place to exchange information freely and actively. Submission of the paper is not essential, but manuscripts submitted will be included in the lecture paper collection.
Both lectures and posters will not accept commercial promotional presentations. Please apply to equipment exhibition and GIS product / usage example introduction session.
- Anyone can participate. However, presenter must be an individual member(regular member/student member) of the GISA in order to submit a paper for publication. In addition, support members are considered to have qualification for one individual member for each member.
- The person who will be the presenter, including support members, should follow the rule that only one
subject per person. However, in the following cases, duplication of presentation will be accepted.
- Being a co-researcher (multiple name) for multiple presentations.
- To make a presentation in both regural sessions and special sessions.
- The presentation can be announced at the conference venue at the appointed date and time. Appointed announcement date and time will not be accepted. In addition, the total number of presentations may be limited due to the scale of the venue.
- Applicants must have paid their membership fees up to the year 2021.
1. Submission of abstract
Reception period: From July 1st (Thr) to July 15th (Thr) Noon (must arrive)
Please apply from EasyChair ≪https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gisa2021≫.
The filled in name/topic will be posted on the newsletter/program of event tournament web page/lecture paper
We will not accept any modification after the deadline, so please be forewarned.
- Please check the availability of the presentation through the conference web page's【program(proceed)】by 7/30(Fri). We will not contact you individually.
2. Submission Procedure
Reception period: July 1st (Thr)~ August 31st(Tue) Noon(must arrive)
Please upload the published manuscript(PDF)with EasyChair.
Please make full use of this template file for submission procedure .
- It should be written either in Japanese or in English.
- Paper size should be set to A4 vertical, manuscripts must be at least 4 pages and no more than 10 pages.
- In case of the possibility that it will be difficult to contact you, the presenter, please fill in the full
information about your contact with your most accessible contact when you will submit.
The author may be requested to proofread the manuscript.
2. The 17th Conference Excellent presentation Award
In order to improve the presentation level of the student members, we will also establish the "Best oral presentation Award" will be given. Those who satisfy the following conditions are eligible.
- Being a student member of the assocatin (Icluding those whose application will arrive at the office by July 15th, 2021. However, the annual membership fee should be paid by 2021)
- Master's degree is not acquired
- To be a speaker presenter
The session moderator recommends the award candidate from the research (thesis)content and the excellent
technician of the presentation technology, and the winner will be decided after discussion by the convention
announcement award subcommittee established in the academic award committee. The number of winners is not specified.
We will send the certificate to the winners at a later date and announce the name and affiliation to GISA Newsletter 120.
Also, we will post the summary of the presentation in "GISA-Theory and Application"Vol.29-NO.2(monochrome printed only).The winners should cooperate in submitting a single A4 size manuscript by November 15th (Mon).
3. The 10th Poster Session Award
In order to revitalize the discussion in the poster session, "Best Poster Presentation Award" will be given. Poster session's presenters are subject to review.
We will send the certificate to the winners at a later date and announce the name and affiliation to GISA Newsletter 120. Also, we will post the summary of the presentation in "GISA-Theory and Application"Vol.29-NO.2(monochrome printed only).The winners should cooperate in submitting a single A4 size manuscript by November 15th (Mon).